Head of Supply Chain
Founded by ex-Amazonians for Amazon Sellers, Olsam are building a European consumer goods company that acquires and scales category leading Amazon FBA brands sold across global marketplaces. Believing that brands should be built for the long-term, we want to be the first point of contact for any Amazon FBA operators that are looking to sell their businesses and see their brands go to the next level.
We are looking for a Head of Supply Chain to join our fast-growing team to help manage and oversee freight lines for our growing portfolio of products. Our products are predominantly manufactured in China and the Far East and shipped to Amazon warehouses in the UK, Europe and USA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all logistics activities, coordinating with internal teams, but also with suppliers, freight forwarders, customs, 3PLs and Amazon's inbound team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with freight forwarders and platform providers
- Track our shipments in real-time and keep our internal teams informed about changes in a timely manner
- Oversee S&OP planning for our brands for avoid stockouts and maximise sales during Q4 and other peak promotional periods
- Deep dive into ways to reduce freight and shipping costs
- Manage the Amazon inbound shipments and that products meet Amazon's internal compliance standards
- Hire and manage a team of up to 3/4 additional supply chain and freight analysts by end of 2021
- You’ll be excited at the opportunity to join a high-growth start-up, comfortable operating in an ever-changing environment and able to adapt and thrive in such a business
- Strong communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status and business drivers during daily/weekly and leadership reviews
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven business judgment to manage financials, manage operations and deliver cost & Customer Experience goals
- Proven analytical and ability to use data to manage metrics, drive improvements, and implement business cases.
- You’ll have gained 6+ years experience working as a Supply Chain Analyst with knowledge of inventory management, production scheduling, logistics and warehousing.
- Previous experience in working with Amazon is a bonus.
- You’ll be highly analytical with strong Excel experience and will be passionate & obsessive about continuous improvement, demonstrating an ability to test and learn.
- BA/BSc from top tier university
- MBA preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills