Founded by ex-Amazonians for Amazon Sellers, Olsam are building a European consumer goods company that acquires and scales category leading Amazon FBA brands sold across global marketplaces. Believing that brands should be built for the long-term, we want to be the first point of contact for any Amazon FBA operators that are looking to sell their businesses and see their brands go to the next level.
Our acquisitions team plays the mission-critical role of expanding Olsam’s portfolio of high growth category leading ecommerce brands across a variety of verticals; from sports/outdoors, home improvement, DIY, health and personal care. Joining the company's acquisitions team as an Investment Analyst you can expect to gain experience across a wide range of investments and live deals from the outset. You will be involved in all aspects of the investment process, working closely alongside the co-founders.
- Supporting in the sourcing / origination of new EU (UK/DE) investment opportunities (building and maintaining relationships with a network of brokers / M&A advisors / Founders)
- Preparation of investment recommendation memorandums, reviewing industry trends, intellectual property, high-level contract terms, competitive analysis, risk analysis and compliance within the due diligence process.
- Supporting Sr. M&A associates with day to day responsibility for deal execution – cross-functional collaboration across internal teams (supply-chain, brand ops) and external legal, DD and accountancy stakeholders ensuring a smooth execution process
- Previous experience negotiating SPAs and APAs
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with an awareness of corporate finance / accounting principles
- Proactive attitude and deep sense of ownership and initiative
- Knowledge of foreign languages (German and/or Mandarin) a plus but not essential
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, with ability to articulate and present facts and ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Advanced computer/technical skills – MS Excel, MS Powerpoint
- 1 – 2 years experience in M&A / Transaction Services
- BA/MA/MBA degree in business/finance or related field